Licensed State Vehicle Inspector
We are currently seeking an individual to join our team of licensed vehicle inspectors full time. Our inspectors must be friendly and pay close attention to detail. It's OKAY if you don't have your inspector's license already. Benny's will help you to get your LA State Vehicle Inspector's License.
You must have a valid driver's license.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects vehicle systems such as lights, brakes, tires, directional signals, exhaust systems, and warning devices to detect excessive wear or malfunction
- Measures efficiency of emission control devices.
- Assists lube techs when needed
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Louisiana Driver’s license required
- Louisiana State Inspector's Certificate, preferred but not required
Other Skills and Abilities Ability to drive standard transmission extremely beneficial
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.