B-Quik Retail Clerk
Our B-Quik retail clerks are responsible for taking care of our customers and making sure they leave with a smile! As the face of Benny's and B-Quik, our clerks are held to very high standards since serving our customers is the most important position in our company. Retail clerks are responsible for making sure we exceed all of our customers' expectations when they come into the B-Quik!
B-Quik Pay Range
$9 - $10 / hour
- $10-hr for full time employees with open availability
- $9-hr for part time or limited availability candidates
In addition to above industry average pay in the Baton Rouge area, our clerks may qualify for paid vacation, medical, dental and vision insurance, supplemental benefits, tuition reimbursement opportunities, company discounts, annual company events and so much more!
You can read more about our benefits and expectations on our FAQ page.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Retail experience preferred but not required
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides excellent customer service in a retail environment
- Sells fuel and general merchandise at self-service station
- Stocks and maintains merchandise on shelves and store cleanliness
- Allows customer to fill fuel tank of vehicle with fuel, such as gasoline or diesel, to desired level
- Accepts payments from customers for purchases using cash or customer's credit card
- Manages a register and balances sales at the end of the shift
- Complete shift duty list
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have or be able to obtain a Louisiana State and East Baton Rouge Parish liquor license for clerk positions
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and have ability to use their hands, must have ability to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is mainly indoors with exception of working outdoors to attend to cleanliness of the facility.
- This position is typically low stress with the possibility of the exception during high volume time periods.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.